Thanks to photonics techniques, the way to detect radar signals in this kind of receivers can be improved in terms of instantaneous response, probability of interception, frequency measurement, sensitivity and simultaneous signal sorting.
Photonic receivers are useful in several systems such as radar warning receivers, SIGINT equipment, jammer power management, tactical air warning, shipboard ESM and spectrum surveillance in general. This kind of receiver is able to manage many types of signal, from the common pulsed and continuous wave signals to those more complex like frequency agile signals, staggered PRF and chirped signals.
The main characteristics of DAS Photonics’ wideband ELINT Receiver are:
- 100% Probability of Interception (POI) for 40GHz
- Customized according to specific mission requirements
- Lightweight and low power consumption
- RF inputs for wideband antennas
- Flexible Mission data recording on-board and transmission to base station
- Fine tuning performance optimization after preliminary learning/training flights